Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Sage advise from a loving friend

I haven't ran for 2 days due to the torrential rain.  I love running in the rain but I draw the line at flash flooding!! This morning was just the right amount of rain.  I used to love wearing my hood up, music on, and just getting lost in my thoughts.  This was the first time this has happened so it felt like one of those long awaited, sensual embraces!! 

After the first few, always painful (and possibly made more painful by the 2 generous glasses of wine I had last night) minutes, I started my journey inside Nyki's head...do not try this at home!!!  Over the weekend one of my dearest male friends, who-must-not-be-named, read my first entry, told me that real men do not mind muffin-tops.  I felt like I had been caught sleep walking naked at a RUSH concert, how could that be, seeing as how I had grown to loathe it!!  But that was not all the perspective shifting news, he went on to say real men are happy to have a naked women beside them (I am paraphrasing, of course).  I have spent the last few days kicking this around in my head, trying to make sense of the radical idea and have one question...Is that with the lights on or off?  Perhaps it is best if we leave that one rhetorical?  I do not believe that my goal, at this point anyway, is to be able to bounce a quarter off my abs, but seeing less of my own skin color is right up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment